Hi again! It's been a while, but I hope everyone's doing well in 2012 and keeping up with their green resolutions. (: Well, I'm back this week with more suggestions on how to stay green, but this time for your bedroom.
1. Unplug your chargers when your phones are done charging- Though your phone may not be hooked up to the charger, that doesn't mean it's not using electricity. Whether or not the phone is connected to the charger doesn't make a difference, as long as the charger is plugged into the wall, it's using electricity. Which means not only is there electricity being wasted, but you're unnecessarily wasting money on unneeded electricity.
2. Recycle your batteries- Instead of chucking your batteries in the trash can once they're done, collect them, and once you have a substantial amount, send them to your local battery recycling center. Often times, you can take it back to the place from where you purchased the batteries, and they'll gladly take them for you.
3. Keep your blinds open and your lights off- As long as there is still plenty of sunlight outside, try keeping your blinds open and lights off. This way you'll be saving electricity, and your room might even become warmer!
4. Turn your computer completely off at night- Although your plugs will still be connected to the wall, you'll be using less energy by turning off your computer.
5. Reuse scrap paper- Print on two sides, or let your kids color on the back side of the used paper.
Hopefully these tips keep you busy for this week, and you work to make them a part of you everyday schedule!
Until next time,