First of all, I'd like to wish all of you a very happy new year! Hopefully, everyone will be able to keep up with their new year's resolutions, because I know I haven't been very successful in the past. (: I'm sure everyone has their normal resolutions like eating healthy, exercising more, making new friends and all that, but how about some green resolutions too?
To start you off here are some popular resolutions people have come up with for 2012:
1) Go read meat free- going completely vegetarian might be a big step for some people, but if you're up for the challenge, why not try it? Though red meat does taste very good, it is a lead producer of waste, greenhouse gases, and more. It's also been recently noted that nowadays, much of what they put in the meat is actually really bad for you.
2) Ride your bike or walk to work more often- all it'll take is a little more time on your part, and it'll also give you many health benefits.
3) Don't buy bottled water- try using an at-home filtering pitcher and you can help make a dent in the 1.5 million barrels of oil used to make plastic water bottles each year, and you'll also save as much as $1,400!
4) Remember reusable bags- whether it's grocery shopping or clothes shopping, bring along a fashionable tote to carry your new items
5) Cut back on paper towels- all they really do is create more trash and messes in your home, so try using a towel this year
These are just a few possible resolutions, but hopefully they're enough to get you started on making some of your own!
Until next time,