Earth Day may be on April 22nd,but we should never stop helping the environment! Here are 5 simple steps we can take to start us off:
1. Change a Light Bulb: Compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs) use 65 % less energy then regular ones and they do not cost that much more. If everyone did this it could change the world!
2. Donate used goods: Don't throw away that pair of jeans donate it to Goodwill! Magazines you have read can be donated to local places with waiting rooms. Remember that saying? One person's garbage is another's treasure!
3. Water...don't waste it: When you are brushing your teeth, turn the water off, and make sure to fix those leaky faucets!
4. Use your own bag: Paper or Plastic... how about canvas? They cost under $5 and can be found in many stylish designs.
5. Walk, Bike, Carpool, Ride the Bus, Take the Light Rail: "Driving a typical car produces 95,000 pounds of global warming pollution," says Kathleen Rogers, president of Earth Day Network. Try carpooling! Like Lucy Hao said, It's much more environment-friendly and you'll get to spend time with your friends while you're at it.
So there you have it! 5 simple ways to start out helping the environment, do you have any ideas of your own? Share some that you came up with below!
More later, greengirl (: